Wednesday 30 September 2009

Alonso Moves To Ferrari

It was announced today, by Ferrari themselves, that Alonso will be joining them for the 2010 season. It means Kimi Raikkonen will be making way for Alonso's arrival.

This has become the worst news I have heard in F1 since the announcement of Michael Schumacher's retirement in 2006. I was a huge fan of Schumacher since I was first introduced to F1 thirteen years ago. He has become the worlds greatest F1 driver following his record breaking seven drivers' titles. I have also been an avid fan of Ferrari, supporting them through thick & thin over the years, including the shaky start to this years season. Any driver that wears the red overalls I will support and urge on to win. But next season there will be an exception.

Since 2007, I have been supporting Kimi Raikkonen and he has become my favourite driver since Schumacher. For Kimi to win the drivers championship in his maiden season with Ferrari was a delight and he was definitely on the route for greater things. When I heard of the rumours of Alonso joining Ferrari in the early part of this season, I was hoping it would just be a rumour and nothing else. It was great news to hear that both Kimi & Massa had renewed their contracts until the end of the 2010 season, cancelling out any move for Alonso.

But when this news first reached me that Alonso was joining Ferrari next season with Raikkonen making way for his arrival, I was furious. There is one person I do not like in F1, and that is Alonso. He is an arrogant driver, who always expects to win and does not take losing very well. During his first spell at Renault he challenged Ferrari, and won...twice! Anyone who opposes Ferrari becomes my enemy. When he left Renault and moved to McLaren, it made it more obvious that he was arrogant due to his lack of success and blamed this on McLaren for favourtising Lewis over himself. It made me very happy when he returned back to Renault to have a terrible two seasons.

For the very first time I shall be hoping a Ferrari driver has a terrible season.


No comments:

Post a Comment